As the Director of Electrical Engineering in Oculus, you will drive forward the state of virtual reality and ship incredible consumer products. You will build and lead novel technology development and product efforts and teams spanning core electrical engineering, RF, firmware, system software, audio hardware, and silicon development.
- Drive direction, architecture, implementation, and validation of the electrical and firmware systems on our virtual reality product roadmap on multi-year timelines
- Build teams across multiple product and technical areas of electrical engineering
- Build strong partnerships with relevant companies to drive partner roadmaps towards Oculus needs
- Work closely with technical leads and managers cross functionally within the hardware organization and with the software, supply chain, finance, and other teams in Oculus
- 10+ years of experience building and leading multi-team electrical engineering organizations delivering world-class products
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience building and executing on technology and product development roadmaps in parallel
- Thorough understanding of product development and NPI processes
- Deep technical expertise and architectural expertise in one or more areas of core electrical engineering, RF, firmware, system software, audio hardware, and silicon development
- Proven history of managing multiple teams delivering novel, pipelined products
- A passion for leading, mentoring, and inspiring strong, talented engineers and engineering managers.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel