As an Electrical Engineer at Oculus you will design, simulate, implement, and debug systems and circuits used in virtual reality hardware. You will experiment with and develop novel solutions to the myriad of complex electrical problems sitting between reality and virtual reality. You will work closely with mechanical, optical, computer vision and software engineers on exploration and definition of advanced virtual reality systems. You will own the electrical design from prototype to production. You should have deep experience in complex PCBA development integrating processors, cameras, sensors and video/data interfaces.
- Lead design and development of electrical systems in Oculus products, which may include application and signal processing chipsets, sensors, displays, RF and physical interfaces, power supplies, and other support circuitry - from concept to production
- Design, simulate, bring up and test digital and analog circuits.
- Research and develop prototypes of new products and components
- Own PCB schematic and board layout for Oculus prototypes and products.
- Specify, evaluate, define and select components used in upcoming product designs.
- Collaborate with embedded systems, computer vision and mechanical engineers during development.
- Develop relationships with key technology vendors and partners, driving roadmaps and custom solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical design
- Experience with system level integration of complex products using SoCs and microcontrollers, data and video interfaces like USB, HDMI, DisplayPort, and MIPI, and HDI circuit board design and validation for consumer products
- BS degree or above in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Schematic and board design using Altium or equivalent
- Use of oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators
- Experience with writing and debugging C and C++ based firmware for system bring up a plus.
- Experience working with JDM, ODM, CM partners
- Strong communication skills
- Experience as technical lead defining and achieving program goals
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 15% time