As an experienced software engineer on the Oculus Social Experiences team you will implement the core tech that powers the Rift. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with a background in core systems and graphics development and who understands the importance of design in creating novel VR experiences.
- Build out well-constructed engine integrations for Unreal, UE4, and native apps.
- Help deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience by improving performance and quality of our SDK.
- Improve code quality and stability.
- Collaborate with content creators on a daily basis by analyzing their visual targets and turning them into graphics features.
- Background building subsystems and standalone tools.
- Develop systems for telemetry and software instrumentation.
- Bachelor’s degree or more in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field preferred.
- Experience with Unreal.
- Experience with low-level OpenGL/DirectX implementation.
- Expertise in native systems development.
- 5+ years of experience developing software in C++ or C.