Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop next generation near to eye display and imaging systems at our research location in Redmond, WA. Primary responsibility is developing optics and related technologies as technology building blocks to enable next generation head mounted display architectures.
- Research and develop advanced optical components and systems, including but not limited to imaging and display systems.
- Explore optical requirements to create new virtual experiences and advance technologies necessary to create product architectures that can deliver these requirements.
- Support modeling and experimentation with some having more an emphasis in one or the other.
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, firmware, middleware and applications).
- MS or PhD in Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience in applied research and/or product development of advanced optics or photonic systems
- 5000+ hours of hands on experience in working in clean room environments
- Experience as lead investigator for which significant results were achieved or established subject matter expert demonstrated through publications, patents, and shipped products.
- Knowledge of a broad range of optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, physical and geometric optics, statistics, and polarization.
- Specialized understanding of sources (lasers and LED’s), spatial light modulators, diffractive optics, optical materials, and thin film optics
- Knowledge and experience with color science, colorimetry, and visual optics
- Proficiency in optical design tools such as Zemax, FRED, or ASAP
- Familiarity with optical metrology tools such as interferometry or image quality testing
- Experience with test automation tools such as Labview, Matlab or Mathamatica
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate well and work across teams