The Test & Automation Engineer applies the highest level of skill and knowledge of electrical and electro-mechanical principles in determining equipment and machinery malfunctions and restoring equipment to normal operation. You will drive the development of automation and test systems with manufacturing partners and third party integrators. You will be heavily involved in troubleshooting software issues on automation and test equipment and will help define overall product test strategy, evaluate test equipment and processes, and lead and facilitate integration of test systems into our existing data tracking networks and factory control systems. You will be designing and documenting new manufacturing equipment with standardization and reliability as a priority and creating test plans for validating existing equipment. You will be working as a self-driven individual, in a cross functional team environment (manufacturing, operations, software developers and engineering) and will be responsible for planning the design, development, implementation of test systems and enforce cost-effective methods for testing and automation systems, software, and equipment. This position will be responsible for development and support of test processes for new product and sustaining releases at Oculus. ;You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. We are looking for someone with a productive mindset who can apply their expertise to solve problems in creative, insightful ways.
- Debug automation and test system software on installed systems and oversee rollout and validation of SW/FW releases for automation and test systems.
- Develops test plans, procedures, debug guides and validation reports for test solutions. Familiarity with black-box validation approach is required, unit testing experience is desirable.
- Design and develops electronic boards and functional test systems that interface with the product automatically. Experience with RF testing, LED Testing, Pneumatic circuits is highly desirable.
- Validation of test SW releases, including repeatability and negative testing, and coordinate SW upgrades with CM/JDM partners.
- Capable of troubleshooting and debugging test systems from a software and hardware perspective in full autonomy.
- Coordinates 3rd party suppliers in designing, developing and fabricating test systems.
- Develop and modify test sequences including measurement and calibration algorithms.
- Works closely with other functional groups (program managers, Electrical Engineering, software Engineering) to bring the test systems development from the R&D stage all the way through to mass production.
- Support failure analysis on systems returned from the field and use data to improve test strategies and processes.
- Provide training and support to CM/JDM partners.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving ability. Demonstrate analytical expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, ideally BSEE or BS Computer Engineering with 8+ years’ experience as a test engineer in consumer electronics, computer engineering or related field
- Minimum of five years of related experience in manufacturing test development-system level test and automation
- Minimum of five years’ experience working with automation.
- Experience with scripting language Python (additional experience in C++, Visual Basic, LabWindows/CVI, LabView and/or TestStand preferred).
- Expertise in developing complex test solutions using both internal and third party vendors.
- Proven experience introducing manufacturing test to production facilities
- Experience designing and executing development projects with a design of experiment approach (DOE) to service, troubleshoot, and solve engineering problems for equipment already in operation
- Apply statistical methods (6s, SPC, Cpk) for data analysis
- Wireless systems (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, RFID, ZigBee, GPS) is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication and team collaboration skills required
- Self-motivated, team player, able to pro-actively communicate with all employees and work well in a fast paced environment. Interface throughout all levels and functions of the organizations.
- Travel required: up to 80%