Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organisation.
Oculus is seeking talented engineers who are passionate about operations and streamlining services through troubleshooting, monitoring, automation, solid execution and superior process. Exceptional engineers with expertise in storage, virtualisation, messaging, open source technologies, and back office foundational infrastructure are being sought. Individuals will join a team of talented passionate engineers engaged in supporting Oculus test-ware and manufacturing line and the infrastructure it is built upon. Success will require the ability to collaborate on creative solutions which anticipate and deliver to the needs of our employees. Challenges include rapid scaling, automating solutions, monitoring critical services, and developing innovative approaches which eliminate service friction while maintaining uptime and stability. Traditional infrastructure leadership techniques, architectures, and service delivery strategies are often too slow or limited and have proved incapable of meeting our employees’ needs in a timely fashion. Innovative approaches in architecture, technology, infrastructure, problem solving and operations will be required to ensure success leading up to and beyond the launch of the Oculus Rift.
- Work on a team of highly technical and talented Oculus and Facebook engineers chartered with building, scaling, deploying and maintaining the infrastructure for our test-ware and manufacturing line.
- Drive scalable, highly available and performant service deployments for core IT functions on the line such as Active Directory, Bitlocker, MySQL, Symmetric DS, and custom built applications.
- Understand metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments.
- Maintain all stations on the line: Troubleshooting, Break/Fix, Imaging and Replacement
- Drive priorities and schedules based on impact level and business requirements to drive to the right decisions.
- Foster and maintain cross functional relationships with both technical and non-technical resources with a focus on data driven decision making.
- Communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints and progress with key stakeholders quickly and effectively.
- Technical degree at the Bachelor’s level or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience in core Windows infrastructure, including Active Directory, certificate services, DNS, and authentication protocols.
- 5+ years of Linux and MySQL experience. (CentOS)
- 3+ years of scripting experience, preferably Python.
- 3+ years of experience in configuration management (Chef).
- Solid understanding of server hardware and sizing, hypervisor technologies, and cross-platform integrations (i.e. heterogeneous operating system support).
- Ability and demonstrated talent in avoiding or minimizing business impact despite existing technical challenges.
- 2+ years of experience with networking principals, firewalls, load balancers.
- Manufacturing experience preferred