At Oculus Research, we’re developing the future of augmented reality (AR). We are currently seeking innovative researchers and engineers with a passion for working inter-disciplinary to develop technology and solve complex problems. Your job will be to drive and work with groups that are doing research and development for (e.g.) sensors, displays, and compute architectures, aimed at pushing beyond the state of the art for all the core aspects of consumer AR systems. This position requires someone who has expertise working with early technology paths; able to work collaboratively to manage system maturation and risk, and provide clear and effective communication to remove barriers to execution.
- Drive development of system requirements to create new virtual experiences, and advance technologies necessary to create product architectures that can deliver these requirements.
- Engage cross-functionally with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, integration, infrastructure, and applications).
- Work closely with various organizations to define and execute the long term roadmaps
- Coordinate with our research, partnership, legal and incubation teams to both define and execute technology development with key partners, suppliers and academic institutions
- Along with research leadership, develop and communicate research and development strategy and status with internal Oculus and Facebook leadership and core research members
- Coordinate with Oculus Research team leads to progressively integrate the new technologies into prototype architectures
- Facilitate and work with teams to alleviate project bottlenecks
- MS degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of industry experience in research or product development
- Experience in developing systems with multi-function / multi-disciplinary threads.
- Ability to work cross-disciplinary and mentor best practices and junior team members.
- Experience managing hardware development projects.
- Position requires a combination of education and experience in the research, development, and integration of systems.
- Experience managing rapid prototyping projects.
- PHD in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with systems aimed at capturing/delivering audio and video data streams.