As an Analog Silicon Architect at Oculus you will work with a world-class group of researchers, engineers and management developing the next generation of custom and semi-custom mixed signal ICs to drive our industry-leading virtual reality systems. You will work with cross-functional groups from several disciplines and use your analog architecture, design, modeling and analytical skills to define, analyze and implement analog high speed interfaces, circuitry, display drivers, power supplies
- Lead the analog silicon architecture and design to implement Oculus VR/AR roadmap
- Creative thinking and design skills to implement high bandwidth low power serial differential interfaces and analog IP
- Design or work with vendors on the design of analog circuits including but not limited to SERDES, PLL, DLL, level shifters, DACs, amplifiers, bandgaps, regulators, clock generators and comparators.
- Analyze design tradeoffs including manufacturability, testability and cost.
- Own the engineering requirement and qualification documents for all new ICs
- Work closely with vendors on the execution, validation, characterization and reliability for these devices
- Work with vendors driving processes and IP roadmaps
- Promote creativity and innovation
- 5+ years of experience as an Analog Design Engineer and tapeouts
- Experience with high-speed SERDES design, signal conditioning, PLL and DLL based CDR analysis, jitter performance and optimization
- PSRR, stability, power, EMI and thermal analysis and optimization experience
- Experience with LDO, buck/boost power design
- Experience with issues related to board design such as signal integrity, routing and layout constraints, component non-optimal characteristics and specification
- Mathematical and analytical skills
- Simulation experience with state of the art CAD tools
- Experience evaluating design tradeoffs such as speed, performance, power, area and silicon process parameters
- Experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, function generators
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to communicate in English
- PhD EE, MSEE plus equivalent experience in relevant areas