In this role, you will develop and operate flexible, effective and dependable supply planning processes. In coordination with supplier, procurement, logistics, engineering, finance teams, you will identify, create and develop planning and material monitoring processes in support of our product roadmap. You will have a deep understanding of product resources (material, tooling, labor, transportation, fulfillment) during new product introduction as well as mass production phases. In coordination with business development, sales, marketing, finance, product, supply chain teams, you will identify and applied tactful influence to the demand plan. You will have a deep understanding of demand sources (Webstore direct B2C, retailer and distributor B2B) prior to new product introduction as well as mass production phases.
- Apply tactful influence in a matrix organization, while being a strong communicator and team player
- Develop, maintain and publish supply plan POR
- Promote a synergistic interaction between all participants in the Sales and Operations Planning process
- Owner of Web Order estimated ship date quotes
- Perform DRP inventory balancing analysis between regional fulfillment DCs
- Create kitting and fulfillment plans across regional fulfillment DCs in support of orders/forecast
- Create and maintain relevant reports and executive summaries on a regular (weekly/daily) basis, required by management to support the business
- Define a standard CTB (Clear to Build) material readiness planning and execution process, and collaborate with the Procurement team to have it implemented at all key supplier factories
- Support CTB automated visibility system
- Support the inventory E&O (excess and obsolescence) process
- Implement Oculus’ inventory and liability modeling system
- Operate, document and monitor pertinent risk buffering strategies for key component categories and collaborate with the Procurement team to implement them.
- Participate in QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews) with key suppliers to review delivery and flexibility performance and improvement plans
- Gather and publish supplier delivery performance dashboards and metrics
- Achieve deep knowledge of product resources (material, tooling, labor, transportation, fulfillment) and create modeling tools
- Identify risks and countermeasures to the consumer product launch plan of record
- Support ERP “procure to pay” modules (purchase orders, material planning, inventory control) prior to ERP Go Live date
- Robust understanding of collaborative forecasting process with tier-1, tier-2 supplier partners
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Engineering, Operations, or Supply Chain body of knowledge is required.
- Analytical and modeling skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in high-volume consumer electronics.
- Experience in leading a planning team inside a highly vertically integrated manufacturing environment (as part of the factory staff on-site) for electro-mechanical final assembly, sub-assembly processes such as plastic molding, PCBA, cable assembly, transducer assembly, and automated testing.
- Experience utilizing finite-scheduling planning systems.
- Experience planning B2C as well as B2B fulfillment (pick/pack/ship) operations.
- Understanding of CPFR collaboration process with B2B retail partners in Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
- Moderate travel in Mainland China with some travel in Asia Pacific region.
- CPIM: Certified Production and Inventory Management (by APICS).
- Effective multi-cultural, multi-location team management
- Masters degree