As a Partnerships and Business Development Manager for Oculus Research your job is to work with the Head of Partnerships to figure out who to partner with and how to define what virtual and augmented reality look like 5 years in the future. You'll be part of a multi-disciplinary, cross- functional team pushing on every aspect of the experience: haptics, audio, input, computer vision, optics, display technology, and whatever else we can dream up. Our mission is to keep advancing virtual and augmented reality; the work you do here will lay the foundation for VR experiences for years to come.
- Execute on partnership for research initiatives that can materially accelerate development cycles for VR and AR research
- Close complex IP and joint-development deals with startups, research centers, public companies, silicon vendors, display manufacturers, optics and sensor suppliers, and other ecosystem players
- Source new hardware and software technologies and companies.
- Participate to our Market Research and Business Intelligence efforts.
- 15+ years track record of working with immature technologies and ultimately bringing them to market
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical or Optical Engineering
- Proven ability in building partnerships for new hardware products including managing complex processes and negotiations end-to-end.
- Established relationships and presence within the consumer electronics sector with a proven ability in reaching and exceeding goals.
- Ability to operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment and work effectively cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Exceptional analytical, communication and presentation skills with technical, contractual and financial issues.
- Physics degree with MBA.