As a Software Engineering Manager at Oculus you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing the future of virtual reality inputs and experiences. You’ll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements by putting yourself in the trenches. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineering manager with a background in prototyping, game systems, game engine technology and who flourishes working in an ambiguous technology space where products may never ship. You’ll guide architecture and delivery of software and hardware products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering great consumer software products in the PC or console space.
- Help build, architect and lead a software team delivering next-generation VR input devices and experiences.
- Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- You work well in a small group smoothly coordinating and collaborating across multiple, diverse teams.
- Collaborating with internal and external cross-disciplinary teams.
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 4+ years of experience managing successful engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management.
- 3+ years experience with game engines including Unity, Unreal, or native engines.
- 3+ years experience with gameplay system design or game tool development.
- 5+ years experience with C/C++ programming on systems.
- Technical leadership in C/C++ or similar languages.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of how culture and team dynamics create teams.