As a Software Engineer on the Proof of Experiences team, you’ll be prototyping and building the future of virtual reality inputs and experiences. We’re looking for talented engineers passionate about advancing the boundaries VR. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with a background in prototyping, game systems, game engine technology and who flourishes working in an ambiguous technology space. This position will afford you the opportunity to explore the meaning and implementation of VR inputs and interaction in an applied research setting. The ideal candidate will have experience in the PC or console space.
- Build prototype VR input devices.
- Partner closely with the research and product teams to help define and implement their vision.
- Create innovative VR features throughout the Oculus platform.
- Write software that helps prove out hardware.
- You will leverage your engineering and design sensibilities for the creation of novel interactive experiences.
- You work well in a small group smoothly coordinating and collaborating across multiple, diverse teams.
- Collaborating with internal and external cross-disciplinary teams.
- 3+ experience in gameplay prototyping and engineering.
- 5+ years of software engineering on games.
- 3+ years game engine architecture experience.
- 3+ years experience with game engines including Unity, Unreal, or native engines.
- 3+ years experience with gameplay system design or game tool development.
- 3+ years experience with feature implementation.
- 5+ years experience with C/C++ programming on systems.