Oculus Research is looking for an intern to join our team and help us define the future of augmented reality experience. As a UX researcher, you will help us understand the ‘why’ for augmented reality by investigating how users interact with physical & digital world and how AR will fit into their lives. You have excellent command in a variety of qualitative and quantitative user research methods. You are passionate about technology, curious about new ways to connect people with each other and to the world, and creative in coming up with ways to prototype experiences.
Our internship is twelve (12) to sixteen (16) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Responsible for your own project that pushes augmented reality interaction forward
- Collect user behavior data through a variety of channels, such as semi-structured interviews, observation, surveys, user testing
- Use qualitative and quantitative research methods to analyze user research data
- Investigate landscape of current technologies to identify experience gaps
- Work with other researchers to prototype, test, re-iterate to identify UX issues and make actionable recommendations
- Work with other researchers to execute various user studies
- Pursuing a PhD in Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, Social Science or related disciplines
- Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- 2+ years experience with qualitative and/or quantitative research methods
- 2+ years experience in conducting UX research
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated experience via an internship or work experience
- Experience conducting applied and/or product related research