As a Silicon Architect at Oculus you will work with a world-class group of researchers, engineers and management developing the next generation of custom and semi-custom mixed signal ICs to drive our industry leading virtual reality systems. You will work with cross-functional groups from several disciplines and use your digital architecture and analytical skills to map complex algorithms into implementable HW/FW solutions. Your experience should include a solid digital architecture and design background and a strong ASIC top down process and methodologies knowledge.
- Lead the digital silicon architecture to implement Oculus VR/AR roadmap
- Work closely with cross-functional teams mapping existing and new algorithms into HW and/or FW understanding possibilities and limitations
- Work with Oculus management on product and technology roadmaps
- Support the FPGA and EE teams in prototyping for early SW development and algorithm Ok-2-book process
- Own the engineering requirement documents for these new ICs
- Work closely with vendors on the execution of these devices
- Work with vendors driving process and IP roadmaps
- 5+ years of experience as a Digital Design Engineer
- 3+ years of experience as a Silicon Architect, µArchitect with multiple successful tapeouts
- Experience evaluating design tradeoffs such as speed, performance, power, area
- Experience with integration of third party IP, µControllers, memories, DSP, high speed interfaces, etc.
- Experience with top down silicon implementation methodologies
- Track record of shipped mass production ASICs
- Working experience using CAD tools
- Working experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, function generators
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to communicate in English
- MSEE/CS or equivalent experience in relevant areas