As a Product Manager at Oculus, you'll lead development of next generation input designed for virtual reality. You’ll work closely with our hardware teams to define product requirements, coordinate resources from other groups (design, legal, etc.), and guide the team through key milestones. You'll also be responsible for identifying and tracking key performance indicators, including adhering to a build schedule. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a passion for user experience and professional experience building complex, user-centric hardware products.
- Design, manage, and execute on the vision for key Oculus hardware products and supporting software services across multiple platforms.
- Identify immediate and/or upcoming user needs, then work with the team to develop a product plan that addresses them.
- Strategically evolve and grow existing products and services to constantly deliver a better user experience.
- Gather product requirements, and document them accordingly for projects in development.
- Prioritize features and tasks for the product using internal tools, tracking and reviewing the product direction and current work frequently.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.
- 4+ years product management experience with 2+ years of experience making hardware products.
- Education and/or background in software/hardware engineering.
- Experience managing delivery of at least 1 consumer hardware product.
- Highly detailed oriented with organization skills while managing multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.