As a member of the Developer Strategy team, you represent Oculus for Rift app developers and content partners. You are an authority on VR best practices with solid understanding of the app development process. You prioritize and advocate developer needs with internal teams to ensure Oculus is the VR platform of choice. You work closely with the world’s best and most visionary developers from start to finish, empowering them to bring new worlds to life. You play a vital role in building a strong community of committed and successful VR developers. With our partners, we revolutionize the way people are entertained, connected, and inspired. This position will be directly responsible for guiding developers as they create and launch their VR titles on Oculus – through consultation, education, and support. Ideal candidates can drive a successful launch, have a willingness to execute, and possess the ability to solve problems for multiple developers. Success requires an exceptional ability to build strong developer relationships and an absolute passion for VR. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Provided dedicated account management to strategic developers accounts – making sure that their needs are served and titles properly supported.
- Adapt recommendations to suit varying developer and content needs.
- Develop and implement programs to improve the developer experience.
- Consult and coach clients to achieve greater results on Oculus.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities to improve products and the developer experience.
- Work cross-functionally within Oculus and Facebook organizations.
- Help identify and build relationships with top virtual reality developers.
- Become an expert in VR and its best practices – constantly learning and adapting as the medium matures.
- Evangelize new and existing VR technologies with developers, to ensure they can take full advantage of enhancements and improvements.
- A professional background in the games, film, or interactive consumer app industry.
- Professional experience shipping products and/or ushering multiple clients through product and platform launches.
- An established professional network and experience of understanding and fulfilling partner needs.
- Previous experience in external and internal communications and presentations.