As an experienced Application Software Engineer on the Oculus Home and Social Experiences team you will be working on the cutting edge of Virtual Reality multiplayer and social experience. As an Application Engineer, you will explore, prototype, and build experiences that define how people interact with each other in VR such as Avatars, Oculus Home, and other social features.
- You will leverage your product and design sensibilities for the creation of novel interactive experiences.
- Build engine features to deliver VFX artist prototypes.
- Partner closely with the art team to help define and implement their vision.
- You work well in groups smoothly coordinating and collaborating across multiple, diverse teams.
- Working closely with designers in developing and iterating on game mechanics and systems.
- Collaborating with internal and external cross-disciplinary teams.
- 3+ years of software engineering on games.
- 3+ years experience with 3D graphics.
- 3+ years experience with gameplay system design or game tool development.
- 3+ years experience with feature implementation.
- 3+ years experience with game engines including Unreal or Native Engine development.
- 5+ years experience with C/C++ programming on systems.
- Experience in gameplay prototyping and engineering.