Oculus is currently seeking a Research Staff Member with expertise in materials development and nanofabrication technology to work closely with our team of Optical Scientists and Nanofabrication Research Staff developing novel near-eye display technology. The position is a full time position requiring a PhD in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, physics, or similar. Candidates with experience in developing advanced materials for optical films are preferred. Specifically, candidates should have experience in thin film materials and process development, knowledge in the associated metrology and analytic techniques, and background in advanced photo-sensitive or photo-active material design. Candidates must be comfortable working in a cross-functional team.
- Design and develop novel materials and processes for use in advanced near-eye display technology.
- Support the optics team in fabrication of new structures and advise the broad research teams in the area of materials.
- Work closely with the research staff and lab technicians to execute experimental designs
- Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally to support research initiatives.
- PhD in Material Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics or similar fields with a focus on materials development and characterization, or on nanofabrication.
- 5000+ hours of hands-on experience in working in clean room environments and/or optical characterization
- Knowledge of material design
- Skills in optical and materials characterization
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Experience collaborating with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, firmware, middleware and applications).
- 5+ years of experience in applied research and/or product development