As a Manager, Software Technical Program Management at Oculus, you will lead a team of Software TPM’s to consistently deliver highly complex features predictably and efficiently across the entire software stack, while maintaining high team morale. You will lead the team through executing on all phases of the software development lifecycle, planning requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- Manage a team of Software Technical Program Managers spanning the entire software stack
- Guide development of project schedules based on product requirements, technical
- Manage communication within and between software, hardware, and computer vision teams
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver global projects
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience as a Program Manager working in a cross-functional software development environment in a consumer electronic device company.
- Hardware/Software integration experience.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team of program managers
- Understanding of software development processes and best practices
- Experience with project and issue tracking systems
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams
- Up to 15% travel