Oculus is the leading VR Company in the industry and plans to release multiple products over the next few years. The Finance team provides critical decision support for new product launches around pricing, unit economics, marketing, and supply chain/logistics planning. Further, the team leads the financial planning process for cost of goods sold, operating expenses and headcount. Successful candidates for this position and team have a bias toward action, have exceptional partnership and communication skills, and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast. You will gain invaluable experience in a position that offers significant responsibility and interaction with business partners as well as considerable opportunity to have a large impact within a growing Finance organization. Diversity is core to our business at Facebook. It enables us to make better decisions. In order to serve the global community that uses Facebook, we need an employee base that reflects a broad range of experience, race, age, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and many other characteristics. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy, growth, and unstructured environment. The position is full-time and located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Partner with various operations teams (business development, logistics, supply chain, etc.) and product teams (Hardware, etc.) to provide decision support
- Heavy focus on unit economics and pricing for various product launches
- Build complex financial models for each product launch that provide insight into product cost, including, Bill of Materials, Shipping, Warranty/Returns, etc.
- Compile and deliver presentations to Oculus leadership on a variety of topics
- Lead multiple planning cycles in order to deliver an accurate forecast and budget
- Create strong business partnerships with leaders of all levels and functions across Oculus VR.
- Help define and implement scalable financial processes related to month-end and quarter-end close, including accruals and reporting
- Collaborate with groups in finance and in operations including vendor management, fixed assets, accounting, and tax to support Oculus VR
- Drive process improvements by partnering with up-stream process owners and enhance current tools/systems related to financial management
- 4+ years of financial analysis experience from a technology, public accounting or firm
- Experience with building financial models in Excel required
- Experience with PowerPoint, Oracle, and Hyperion required
- Experience in accounting concepts and financial planning required
- Ability to communicate concepts to executive leadership.
- Able to work and problem solve independently, to organize workload and priorities, and complete tasks on time
- Leadership ability to partner with and influence various functional leaders across an organization.
- Consumer Electronic/Hardware background with in-depth modeling experience for early lifecycle products
- Supply Chain/Logistics experience with in-depth understanding of different distribution models (direct, distributor, etc.)
- Understanding of global retail landscape to help determine best practices for B2B and B2C distribution
- Previous sales planning / sales finance experience