Effective content aggregation is a key component of the long-term success for Oculus VR in the growing and increasingly competitive VR/AR market. The Oculus content management team is looking for a team player to coordinate and drive a premium entertainment portfolio for the Oculus platform and devices (Gear VR, Oculus Rift and more). This role will support content acquisition and strategy and lead negotiations within Oculus VR, with a focused effort on entertainment media. This is a unique opportunity to help drive the future of virtual reality and our vision by helping to build a robust pipeline and content partner ecosystem.
- Support cross-functional content team efforts across all media content offerings for Oculus VR.
- Negotiate appropriate deals to drive AAA entertainment content delivery while simultaneously working with team members to foster a sustainable Oculus content development community.
- Help support and define appropriate strategies to build a winning portfolio of entertainment properties in alignment with both Oculus hardware and software platform development.
- Drive the greenlighting of film, television, news, sports and music content while still balancing the needs of the Oculus business across creative, production and financial disciplines.
- Continue to look at new ways to optimize the content business and related processes to achieve improved results.
- Collaboratively work with Facebook content teams across all areas in support of the mission for Oculus VR.
- 6+ years of work experience, including 3+ years of content sourcing and management is required.
- 3+ years’ experience in entertainment content industries (film, television, sports and music) working with top-quality, premium creators, publishers, production companies, license holders and other sources of IP is required.
- Demonstrated ability to review legal documents, negotiate contracts and work with additional business development professionals and attorneys to lead the completion of agreements.
- BA/BS degree.
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Experience working with and understanding business finance, P&L and accounting treatments for content funding and development.
- Analytical, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to operate with energy in a fast-paced, constantly evolving and collaborative environment.
- MBA or JD
- International experience and an understanding of the virtual reality ecosystem and the Oculus product offering.