Oculus Research is looking for an exceptional acoustic research engineer/scientist to join our growing team in Redmond, WA. This full time position is well suited for someone with a strong research interest in advancing the state of the art in immersive audio experiences for augmented reality. Our interdisciplinary team is working to solve difficult problems at the intersection of acoustics, mechanical design, auditory perception, spatial audio and signal processing. The successful candidate will have strong laboratory skills as well as, hands-on experience in the design of new acoustic devices.
- Acoustic design, test, and measurement of new audio devices. Understanding of mechanical design principles.
- Writing MATLAB code to drive real-time audio prototypes.
- Understand and stay up to date on the latest research literature.
- Understand and exploit of the principles of auditory perception.
- Programming skill set in MATLAB or C++
- 5+ years of experience in use of industry standard lab equipment for audio electronics and electroacoustic measurement.
- 5+ years of experience in calibration, debugging, validation and optimization of audio electronics systems.
- Knowledge in audio systems.
- 3+ years of experience in real-time audio.
- Ability to use and understand acoustic transducers and microphones.
- Systems level understanding in the complete audio processing chain – transducers, amplifiers, real-time signal processing, and low power audio ICs.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Experience in the design and execution of psychoacoustic experiments