Create products as amazing as the experiences they enable. As an Industrial Design Architect at Oculus, you will help develop next-generation Virtual-Reality and Augmented-Reality hardware. This product category is in its infancy and raising the experience and comfort bar will require an extremely high of a level of design depth and technology integration. From developing ergonomic solutions to addressing complex architectural challenges, there are limitless areas for refinement and exploration. You will need to move quickly between high-level experience concepts and detailed, functional prototypes that will inform the product and drive our understanding of what matters most to our users. You will work alongside a diverse group of designers and engineers that are shaping the future of a new and rapidly evolving industry.
- You will design products that define an emerging category, and that will establish Oculus as the premier virtual reality brand.
- Drive rapid design iteration, exploration, and evolution to deliver elegant, simple product solutions
- Help push the state of the art of physical technology integration
- Feasibility work on innovative design directions
- Collaborate with the design team create and prototype integrated mechanical/design solutions
- Help find ways to take emerging technologies from early concepts to shipping products
- Create and refine effective ways to address ergonomic challenges
- Bring a creative and pragmatic mindset to challenging problems help create simple intuitive products
- Lead projects with internal and external resources.
- A bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or a related field
- 5+ years of experience developing world-class consumer electronics
- 2+ years of experience leading design projects and directing development activities
- Experienced at creating mockups and rapid prototyping
- 3D CAD modeling at the detail and assembly level in Solidworks, ProE, or NX
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, collaborative work environment
- Communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- 5+ years’ experience design and shipping wearable electronics