The Automation Engineer will be an integral part of our advanced mechatronics group. He/she is a hybrid of a software engineer, electrical engineer and possesses a strong understanding of manufacturing concepts. The ideal candidate is someone who gets excited building things, is highly analytical, and sees the big picture needed to evolve a concept into a product. The position is responsible for design, maintenance, and deployment of equipment to measure, calibrate, and test our products in development and in manufacturing. The automation engineer will be creating or using established procedures for new engineering design and can author robust documentation. Projects are complex and require an experienced engineer that will own and drive to completion. This demands a very high level of interaction within the Oculus engineering groups and our manufacturing partners.
- Will be responsible for working with the automation team on fixture and automation system development as well as deployment into a manufacturing environment.
- Will collaborate closely with Oculus Operations teams on training of manufacturing partners and scaling of automation systems to production.
- Will drive coordination with 3rd party fixture vendors
- Develops new documentation, operating procedures, and failure analysis guides.
- Will be responsible for creating new test procedures and optimizing existing ones.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of automation programs.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years test automation experience within consumer electronics and/or medical device industries
- 7+ years experience in C/C++ and Python programming and debugging
- Understanding of design process, able to develop and execute validation test plans.
- Experience with firmware and Programmable Logic Controller's
- Experience developing client/server architectures, and interfacing with database systems
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with Asia-based vendors, suppliers and manufacturers
- Travel overseas ~30%