As a Rift product manager at Oculus, you will be focused on creating a great core software experience for Rift users. You'll lead development of core software products, services, and applications for the Rift product. You’ll define product requirements and user flows, coordinate resources from other groups (design, web, legal, etc.), and guide the team through key milestones. You'll also be responsible for identifying and tracking key performance indicators, including our quality assurance and customer support goals. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a passion for user experience and professional experience building complex, user-centric applications or games. You will be responsible for creating the following outcomes, either indirectly by enabling other teams or directly by doing it themselves.
- Drive improvements to the core Oculus app and experience to ensure that the Rift product overall has outstanding user experience, is deeply engaging, and maintains high reliability.
- Collaborate effectively with all XFN teams on successfully launching and growing their Rift-related products.
- Own the new user experience and setup flow to ensure people get into virtual reality as quickly and easily as possible.
- Ensure Rift users successfully setup and manage their devices and content libraries.
- Develop infrastructure to help users troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly.
- Partner with our customer- and developer-facing teams to track and resolve issues, as well as improve our products overall.
- Make sure other core system-level pieces integral to a smoothly functioning Rift product function well.
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Experience managing delivery of at least 1 consumer software product, game, service or application from start to finish.
- Proven communication skills.
- Detailed oriented with organizational skills while managing multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.