Oculus Research is looking for upcoming scientists and researchers with great interest in optical fabrication.
- Development & integration of advanced materials into nano-scale optical elements
- Structural and optical characterization of materials and optical elements
Our internship is twelve (12) weeks long and we can accommodate various start dates within the year.
- Develop and characterize new optical materials
- Explore new material architectures, processes and structures for manipulation of light
- Collaboratively, characterize the optical performance of fabricated optical elements
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results
- Pursuing a PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Optical Science or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- 1+ years of experience in materials development and characterization
- 1+ years of experience with nano-scale fabrication techniques
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated experience via an internship, work experience, or widely used contributions to open source projects