Oculus Research Cork is currently seeking a highly motivated candidate for a position in Micro/Nano-Scale Packaging Research. The job is particularly suited to a Research Engineer or Scientist who wishes to further develop their career in a vibrant, multidisciplinary and fast-moving research environment. The position is a fixed-term (postdoctoral) contract for 24 months and requires a PhD in Material Science, Physics or Microsystem Technology.
- Assist with micro-nanoscale fabrication and pattern techniques, including but not limited to 3D printing, spring coating, and dye casting
- Work micro-scale characterization tools, SEM, FIB and AFM
- Support team on material behavior in micro/nano-scale for both metallic and polymeric materials
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of Material Science, Physics or Microsystem Technology
- Graduating with a PhD, or completing a university postdoctoral assignment, by summer 2017
- 3+ years experience in micro-moulding techniques and material characterization.
- 3+ years experience in fabrication and characterization of materials in micro/nano-scales
- 3+ years experience in material & device characterization
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Able to obtain work authorization in Cork, Ireland for a two-year period beginning in 2017
- Innovative problem solver and results oriented.
- Experience in material behavior in micro/nano scale
- Experience within Electronic Material Reliability
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by first-authored publications at leading Material Science, Physics or Microsystem Technology workshops or conferences
- Demonstrated experience via an internship, work experience, or widely used contributions to open source projects