In this role, you will take the responsibility to make sure the products quality purchased from suppliers can meet the requirements defined by Oculus. You shall have the expertise in terms of technology and manufacturing process for the optical parts like camera module, OLED and Lens. You will also take the responsibility of quality assurance to make sure the optical parts’ assembly and testing process in subassembly level can meet the requirements defined by Oculus in the contract manufacturer site in development stage as well as mass production phase.
- Working with optical engineering team and purchasing team on the supplier selection.
- Risk assessment and qualification for both product and process of individual optical component supplier and subassembly level manufacturer.
- Quality plan definition, alignment and execution for the optical part suppliers and subassembly level manufacturer which includes PFMEA, control plan, CTQ processes, correlated inspection and testing between suppliers and subassembly level manufacturer, reliability qualification and monitoring plan, quality reporting, traceability etc.
- Working with engineering team on process development for the subassembly level part in the develop stages.
- Process audit and monitoring in optical suppliers and subassembly level part manufacturer for risk assessment and improvement.
- Leading for quality problem solving and yield improvement for individual optical component and subassembly level part.
- Proactive quality monitoring system setup for the purchased optical parts and subassembly level part in contract manufacturer.
- Bachelor degree in optic and engineering.
- At least 8 years hands on working experience with at least 3 years working experience in fast consumer electrical industry as optical engineer or optic relevant quality engineer.
- Self-motivated individual who is data drivers and fact based and pay great attention to details.
- Expert process experience on optic technology as well as the manufacturing process, FATP experience is a plus.
- Familiar of DFM (design for manufacture), DFMEA, PFMEA, MSA, PPAP, SPC and sampling plan definition.
- Certified Quality Engineer, 6sigma black belt is a plus.
- Fluent English skill.
- Frequent travel required.