As a System Engineering Program Manager at Oculus, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects through the entire life cycle to drive projects and process execution successfully. This includes planning requirements with internal and external customers, managing project schedules, identifying risks, costs and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. We look for project managers who are natural motivators, drive processes through influence through indirect authority of matrix management.
- Develops project schedules based on the product requirements, technical challenges, tooling lead-times and business needs
- Strong execution focus.
- Manage communication within and between hardware teams as well as between hardware-firmware-software teams.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work with project leaders to develop best practices and production processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Engage with the various teams to identify, scope, constraints, dependencies, risk management and deliver global projects.
- Identify problems in advance and drive creative solutions to fix them.
- Able to see challenges before they arise, create plans to manage the tasks and alleviate the risks, and pitch in to execute those plans as needed.
- Identifies resources needed and works closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of the project schedule and potential roadblocks.
- Coordinate communication with external hardware partners and contractors and manages communications around development from engineers to leadership.
- Organize prototyping and testing with hardware engineering teams and contract manufacturers.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering
- 6+ years' experience as a project manager working across all of the following areas: electrical, mechanical, optical and software for a consumer electronic device company
- Experience working with Asia-based contract manufacturers and hardware component suppliers to build 1+ consumer electronic product(s) from initial concept through mass production
- Experience leading interdisciplinary, cross-functional projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with project management software tools, issue tracking and version control
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time