As an Image Sensor Engineer at Oculus you will lead image sensor selection, characterization, development, and system integration. Image sensors are an integral part of VR systems and a determining factor in fidelity and immersiveness. You will collaborate across multiple projects with camera engineers, optics engineers, product designers, computer vision scientists, and user experience designers to enable novel VR experiences. You will work with vendors to develop novel imaging technologies while delivering high performance products.
- Drive innovation in sensing solutions for Oculus VR products.
- Ownership of sensor selection, quality/requirement specification, development, and system integration for VR products.
- Ownership of image sensor vendor technical relationship.
- Work with both internal cross-functional teams and external teams as part of NPI process on new sensor system integration.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams on characterization, validation and qualification of sensors.
- Work with image sensor vendors to define roadmaps, priorities, and custom solutions for Oculus products.
- Debug sensor issues during camera module development.
- BS degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in image sensor design, optical simulation, metrology, testing and lab work to verify sensor component and system level performance.
- Experience with image sensor system integration.
- Experience with high-volume consumer electronics manufacturing and partnering with Asia-based suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 15% time.
- Image sensor selection and characterization experience.
- Experience working with image sensor vendors on assessing tradeoffs to maximize performance for system parameters such as quantum efficiency, sensor MTF, full well capacity, and noise.
- Experience developing semi-custom (e.g. custom microlens array) and fully custom image sensors.
- Knowledge of a wide range of image sensor architectures (e.g. rolling and global shutter APS, ToF, DVS).
- Color science and image quality evaluation.
- Camera module manufacturing processes and production testing
- Image processing in Python or Matlab.
- MS degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related technical discipline.