Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop next generation body reconstruction and tracking at our research location in Redmond, WA. The focus of this role is on computer vision and machine learning with the primary responsibility being the design, modeling, and analysis of human motion. The position is a fixed term contract for 24 months and requires a PhD in computer science, robotics, computer engineering, or similar areas, and a strong background in modeling, analysis, and system building.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance the state of the art in virtual humans and digital double understanding.
- Develop new advanced technologies related to real-time markerless motion capture, medical imaging, machine learning, and physics based simulation.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and 3D artists to prototype hardware and software solution, experiments and concepts that advance the entire project.
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of computer vision, computer graphics, or machine learning
- 2+ years experience with developing machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, 3D geometry, and physics based simulation
- 2+ years experience with system building in C++, including evaluation design
- A documented history of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US for a two-year period beginning in 2017
- Experience with virtual reality research
- Experience with medical imaging (MRI, X-ray, Ultrasound, etc.)
- Knowledge of human anatomy
- Proven track record of achieving academic results