As a software engineering manager at Oculus you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing a next-generation platform for virtual reality. You’ll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements by putting yourself in the trenches. You’ll guide architecture and delivery of software products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering great consumer software products focused on incredible customer experiences.
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products.
- Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 10+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services
- 4+ years of experience managing successful engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management
- High proficiency and technical leadership in C/C++/Java or similar languages
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional teams