Provide leadership, technical direction and mentorship to a team of engineers focused on growing and engaging the mobile VR user base. The team is data driven and results focused. As software engineering manager, you will work within the leadership team to push the medium and identify new and unique directions as we continue to explore what is possible in this exciting new medium.
- Define, build, and communicate the technical vision and direction, derived from higher-level business and creative goals, both to the team to execute, and to all stakeholders across the company.
- Manage and oversee growth engineers who run experiments and are creating a platform to run many more.
- Leverage data to understand our products in depth, identify areas of opportunity, and execute projects to drive growth and engagement of Oculus users.
- Drive the technical aspects of the team’s collaborations with other teams within Oculus in core product areas.
- Partner with design leadership and production to deliver high bar VR experiences.
- Manage the expectations of key stakeholders across Oculus regarding the execution of quality VR experiences and content.
- Build a strong understanding of VR and coach others in successful execution in that space.
- Manage quality and performance for all VR experiences throughout the life of all projects.
- Work with production to build schedule predictability.
- 5+ years experience with A/B testing and running experiments.
- 5+ years industry experience in product growth.
- 3+ years working with statistics.
- 5+ years managing a software team.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer.