Come and develop, drive and execute a new product category with Oculus VR. Oculus is looking for individuals that want to be on the ground floor of a breakthrough technology and help build a world class supply chain. As a Strategic Sourcing Manager, Camera, you will be responsible for developing the key strategic relationships with critical camera and sub-tier suppliers, including negotiating strategic agreements, part costing, and supply management. This role is dependent on integrating and working directly with the key Hardware Engineering and Technical Operations teams. During the product development process, the SSM is responsible for ensuring the camera and sub-tier suppliers are prepared to support the delivery of key parts on-time, at specified quality and yield parameters, and are prepared to meet the ramp quantities. It is the SSM's primary goal to ensure supplies meet the demand, quality requirements and at the lowest possible total cost. He/she will monitor and drive continuous improvement programs with our Electrical suppliers throughout the life-cycle of the product.
- Develop commodity supplier sourcing strategy ensuring the supplier is capable of meeting Oculus’ current and future technical and business requirements.
- Be an expert in commodity cost and supply.
- Source for strategic camera module and sub-tier supplier including image sensor, lens and FPC.
- Continually benchmark the industry to monitor technology trends and ensure best practices are incorporated into the Oculus supply chain.
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our commodity suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product roadmaps.
- Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the RFQ process, and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Hardware Engineering and Supply Base Engineering.
- Negotiate key agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms.
- Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, and cost of quality.
- Determine appropriate business splits between suppliers where appropriate.
- Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source, and any supply issue.
- Institute programs to optimize schedule flexibility while minimizing excess inventory exposure.
- Work with Supply Base Engineering and our CM partners to resolve any chronic part shortage or quality problems which are affecting production schedules.
- Own the ramp plan, ongoing production plan and forecast, tooling qualification schedule and tooling life for all designated suppliers.
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Business or Econ required.
- 5 plus years work experience in Procurement or related disciplines specific to electrical including strategic camera and sub-tier electrical sourcing.
- Background in supplier evaluation/selection, cost models, contract negotiation, and supply base management.
- Leadership, program management and cross-functional teamwork skills.
- Ability to communicate with and to influence all levels of management.
- Ability to operate in dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Experience with high volume, consumer electronics products.
- 5+ years of managing Asia based mechanical commodities.