As a Safety and Compliance Engineer in Oculus’ Health, Safety & Compliance team, you will be responsible for developing and executing our Product Safety and Hazard plans as well as Regulatory Compliance across all Oculus products. You will interact closely with cross-functional teams such as Hardware Engineering, Product Design, Quality, Reliability, Operations, and Logistics.
- Provide strategic guidance to design teams regarding compliance and regulatory design requirements.
- Review the compliance of project designs and documentation to meet or exceed all applicable regulating bodies minimum requirements.
- Ensure that Compliance is supplemented by a thorough product safety evaluation, using dFMEA, FTA, and other Hazard Analyses tools.
- Continually review and update current internal standards to ensure compliance with certifying entities as specifications evolve.
- Obtain compliance type approvals for all product lines to ensure entry into domestic and international locations and markets.
- Ensure that all products receive necessary compliance approvals and certifications necessary to get through customs internationally.
- Participate in design reviews and provide direction to product development teams on product regulatory compliance issues.
- Assist Engineering and Product Operations staff on achieving safety and regulatory compliance on schedule and on budget.
- Test production-level units for both NPI and sustaining programs in order to meet global certifications (i.e., FCC, CE, Product Safety, and Environmental).
- Evaluate and interpret US, EU and other international regulations and standards to ensure compliance and manage risk with respect to product requirements.
- Prior hands-on experience with troubleshooting techniques related specifically to compliance issues.
- Ability to develop Safety FMEA, Product Hazard Analysis, FTA, and other hazard identification methods
- Knowledge of regulatory approval process (e.g. IEEE, UL, CE, FCC, GCF, CA Prop65, RoHS, REACH).
- EMC design, test, and mitigation experience.
- Must have prior experience with test and analysis methodologies and test equipment used for regulatory compliance tests.
- Must have experience with regulatory requirements worldwide and working with test labs.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
- Willing to travel overseas as needed.