Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop next generation hardware systems at our location in Redmond, WA. The focus of this role is on design and development of simulation frameworks. The position is a fixed term postdoctoral contract for 24 months and requires a PhD in mechanical engineering, materials science, or physics.
- Design and validate a multi-domain mechanical simulation process flow
- Manufacture, test, and measurement of prototypes
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team (researchers, engineers, designers) to co-optimize mechanical devices for manufacturing and performance
- Mentor and manage MS/PhD interns on the team
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of mechanical engineering, materials science, or physics.
- 4+ years experience in analytical and numerical simulation of mechanical systems
- 4+ years experience with technical computing platforms (Matlab, NumPy, SciPy, etc.)
- 2+ years experience with OpenCV
- 2+ years experience with COMSOL or ANSYS Multiphysics
- At least one industrial internship
- A history of published results in APS, IEEE, or ASME journals
- 1+ years teaching experience
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US for a two-year period beginning in 2017
- Experience with virtual reality research