As a developer relations engineer at Oculus, you'll play a critical role in the future of virtual reality content, entertainment, and applications. You'll be the primary technical contact between Oculus and key mobile developers/content partners supporting the developer relations team, providing valuable insight to the rest of the organization and helping to build the tools and technologies that will make VR a success. You have extensive experience with mobile platforms optimizing graphics and engine performance on multiple platforms and are very comfortable traveling, speaking publicly and guiding teams to execute against your recommendations. The ideal candidate has worked extensively in Android, Unreal and/or Unity. Prior experience in VR is a definite plus.
- Drive virtual reality integration.
- Support the organization in executing on a vision that brings great virtual reality content and applications to Oculus' mobile platform.
- Represent developers as their champion within the Oculus engineering teams, translating developer needs into HW and SW features and capabilities.
- Continually expand tools, demo materials and technologies to reduce integration times, improve VR debugging and raise the quality of VR experiences across the board.
- Sit down with developers to analyze their existing code and optimize for the Oculus Rift.
- Support developers in implementing new SDK builds and adding support for new prototypes.
- Support the global team in providing content for shows and events.
- Be an expert on, discover, and update the best practices through observation and interactions with VR developers.
- Identify and create tools / materials to help minimize the cost and maximize the quality of VR integrations.
- 3+ years of C++ coding for 3D graphics or middleware with a history of shipping products.
- 5+ years experience developing on Android.
- Experience shipping AAA games.
- Understanding of 3D mathematics and algorithms.
- 5+ years experience of graphics and engine performance optimization.
- Willingness to travel - up to 15% of time on the road.
- 3+ years experience with game engine technology.