Virtual Reality has limitless potential: we could explore other parts of the world and truly walk in others’ shoes, we could share these new experiences with friends and family, and best of all, we could play and have fun while tearing down the limits of geography and “real world” societal boundaries. The ability to use this power to learn and to teach is staggering, and we are the beginning of explore the possibilities to enrich students’ and teachers’ experiences.
- Develop a roadmap for Oculus Education partnerships and projects
- Manage day-to-day relationships with research partners and universities
- Work with internal Oculus groups to ensure support for educational relationships
- Identify and lead key research with universities about the efficacy of VR as part of learning
- Work with the content team on understanding their slate of education projects
- Partner with Oculus Diversity in the area of learning and VR, specifically around Launch Pad
- Develop partnerships with foundations to help fund VR education initiatives
- Communication skills, especially on the topic of diversity.
- Experience creating and managing university educational partnerships and research projects, especially from within a foundation setting
- Experience working within HW and/or SW tech environments
- Have program managed and deployed projects designed for social outcomes
- College degree in relevant field (communications, business, liberal arts, or similar)
- Knowledge in AR/VR