Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative interns with a passion for applied and fundamental research in fields related to virtual reality.
The focus of this internship is to further research in tracking, interfaces, and engine design for virtual reality. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work with the researchers and engineers who are defining the future of VR systems.
We are accepting applications from students interested in (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Psychophysics - Optical Tracking - Bio Engineering - Estimation and optimization - Mechatronics - Haptics - Micro/Nano fabrication
Our internships are sixteen (16) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
- Communication of research agenda, progress and results.
- Pursuing a PhD or Master’s degree in Perceptual Psychology, Computer Science,
- Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bio Engineering, Control System 'Engineering or a related STEM field.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the
- program after the completion of the internship.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2017
- Demonstrated software engineering experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions or PhD papers
- Knowledge of anatomy, mathematical modeling and/or simulation expertise
- Experience with optical tracking and Psychophysics
- Experience with Biomechanics
- Knowledge of mechatronics and real-time hardware control
- Ability to design and perform psychophysical experiments, preferably experience with questionnaires and haptic devices.