Oculus seeks a Lead Counsel for its Oculus virtual reality ecosystem business. Oculus invents, manufactures and sells industry leading virtual reality headsets and operates a global virtual reality content and social platform. This position provides global legal advice and negotiates complex technology transactions. Success in this position will require applying a complex and evolving global legal and licensing framework to new and innovative products and services. This is a unique opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in a fast-paced start-up environment, as Oculus leads the field of virtual reality.
- Serve as legal lead for strategic collaborations with other technology companies to build out the Oculus product and platform ecosystem, including OEMs, chipset, software companies.
- Influence and build relationships with executives, product teams and peers across Oculus and Facebook.
- Collaborate with subject matters experts at Oculus and Facebook to analyze and communicate legal risks.
- JD degree with membership in at least 1 state bar
- 6+ years legal experience with law firms and/or in-house experience with technology companies
- Industry experience and legal knowledge in technology licensing
- Experience with emerging technology products and services
- Experience building influence with tech entrepreneur executives and advising software teams directly
- International transactions experience