Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop next generation rendering and image encoding at our research location in Redmond, WA. The focus of this role is on computer graphics with the primary responsibility being the real-time synthesis of high quality images, including wide field of view, foveation and approximation of global illumination. The position is a fixed term contract for 24 months and requires a PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or similar areas, and a strong background in graphics analysis, and system building.
- Lead graphics research projects that span cross-functional teams
- Develop algorithms and other technologies for driving current and future head mounted displays under hard real-time constraints.
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline
- Attend computer graphics conferences, and publish and present papers in international conferences and journals
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of computer graphics
- 3+ years programming/implementing in C++ plus at least one of the following: CUDA, DirectCompute, ISPC, or OpenCL.
- 2+ years experience with advanced image synthesis, including light transport, sampling and reconstruction
- 2+ years experience with real-time computer graphics, including GPU hardware, modern APIs, and the graphics pipeline
- A documented history of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US for a two-year period beginning in 2017
- 2+ years experience with machine learning
- Proven track record of achieving academic results, including papers at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, etc.