As a Firmware Engineering Manager at Oculus you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing next-generation platforms for virtual reality. Firmware for VR systems spans multiple target classes, requires deep collaboration across engineering disciplines and the full software stack (from content to RTL), and directly impacts user immersion. You’ll guide architecture and delivery of highly performant and reliable firmware across multiple platforms and product lines. The ideal candidate will have deep embedded system technical knowledge along with a passion for building top teams who deliver great consumer products focused on incredible customer experiences.
- Build and lead teams to deliver firmware and software for world-class products
- Develop firmware for consumer devices requiring wireless and wired communication, novel display and sensor systems, sensor fusion, signal processing, power management, circuit monitoring/self-test, and precise synchronization
- Collaborate across computer vision, silicon design, user experience, and hardware teams to define embedded system architectures for next generation VR hardware
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Build tools and architectures to support technology experimentation across the company
- Drive an excellent customer experience, collaborating across the full technology stack, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Build software development processes that allow for rapid development and experimentation while maintaining a high quality product
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Technical leadership experience in C/C++ development targeting ARM micro-controllers and SoCs
- 5+ years managing the technical development of firmware and 5+ years of experience on firmware development.
- Prior work experience leading a product through the complete Firmware life cycle, consisting of development, test, productization, bug fixes and deployment.
- Must have shipped embedded firmware in a consumer product
- Experience in handling competing priorities and collaborating across an organizational environment
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 15%)