Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to achieve great strides in general scene perception at our research location in Redmond WA. Within the Oculus Research Surreal Vision team, the aim of this role focusses on formulating a new generation of end-to-end real-time 3D scene understanding systems working across novel mobile sensor design, state estimation, computer vision and large scale online inference and optimization. The position requires a combination of theoretical expertise and applied experience in mathematical optimization, computer vision, algorithm design and machine learning. The ideal applicant will have demonstrated the skill of significant research innovation as well as the capability of building strongly proven prototype systems.
- Plan and execute cutting edge research to advance the state of the art in online learning and inference methods.
- Develop new advanced technologies and scientific concepts to enable advanced general scene understanding in collaboration with other researchers and engineers.
- Work with the team to help design, setup, and run practical experiments related to large scale long-duration perceptual reasoning.
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers to develop experiments and concepts that advance the entire project.
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of Computer Vision, Pure Mathematics, or Machine Learning or related field
- Graduating with a PhD by December 2016, or completing a university postdoctoral assignment
- Experience with statistical analysis of data and mathematical modeling
- Knowledge and experience with virtual reality research preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills - cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Proven track record of achieving significant research results, including top-tier, first-authored journal publications
- Proven track record of building well-tested research systems
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2016