Oculus is looking for a skilled communicator and social media expert to join the Oculus communications team in Menlo Park, California. The Social Media Manager will work closely with the Vice President of Virtual Reality at Facebook to execute a brilliant, fun, and engaging social media strategy that communicates our vision for the future of virtual reality. The candidate will have experience running social media campaigns on behalf of consumer brands and executives in a demanding, fast-paced environment. Strong logistics skills as well as keen attention to detail are a must. This person must also have a deep appreciation of the Oculus community as well as a passion for virtual reality and technology. Candidates should excel at working collaboratively with executives and colleagues and consistently deliver high-quality work, even under severe time constraints. We're looking for someone who has a strong bias for action and a go-getter attitude who does whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Create, script and run the communications and social media strategy for our VP of virtual reality and work cross-functionally with the Oculus communications and marketing team to support PR, events, brand, community, and the Oculus social media channels.
- Manage daily executive social posts and interactions and create ongoing calendar of social media opportunities.
- Help us define the voice of our social media strategy. Think big, creative and fun.
- Source, develop and write a wide range of communications materials including assets, videos, gifs, and more. Manage agencies to support social programs.
- Support the Oculus communications team on launch announcements, and internal/external communications programs.
- 4+ years of experience in social media, journalism, communications or marketing industries.
- Prior experience leading high-profile social programs
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels and departments of an organization.
- Experience managing creative and communications agencies and contractors.
- A background in technology and consumer products.