Oculus is seeking an experienced Technical Artist for our content team in Seattle. Technical Artists are generally responsible for the technical aspects of art asset development. This entails working closely with Art and Engineering to develop and support the asset pipeline, lighting, real-time effects and materials.
- Work closely with Environment Artists on materials, lighting, and optimization.
- Work closely with Engineering to identify bottlenecks and drive efficient solutions.
- Research new rendering techniques to achieve high quality static and dynamic assets.
- Implement lighting solutions using tools in either Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Develop technical expertise to assist in a wide variety technical and artistic tasks.
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Technical Artist with an emphasis on Environment work.
- Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience shipping projects.
- Experience communicating across numerous team members including engineers, researchers and artists.
- Experience working with UE4 and/or Unity.
- PBR shader knowledge.
- Experience creating Real-Time FX.