Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop the next generation of virtual humans. The focus of this role is on full body capture and reconstruction. The position requires a combination of education and experience in computer vision, computer graphics, physics simulation or machine learning.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance the state of the art in virtual humans and digital double understanding.
- Develop new advanced technologies related to real-time marker less motion capture, dense 3D surface deformation and reconstruction, statistical deformation models, and physics based simulation.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and 3D artists to prototype hardware and software solution, experiments and concepts that advance the entire project.
- PhD in the field of Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, or Machine Learning required with a proven academic track-record
- Hands-on experience with various problems like human modeling, detection, capture and reconstruction, sensor fusion, optical flow
- 5+ years experience with developing machine learning, Bayesian filtering, information theory, 3D geometry, and physics based simulation
- 5+ years experience with system building in C++
- Experience with real-time systems