Computer vision and machine learning are core to creating great virtual reality technology. As a Computer Vision Engineer at Oculus, you'll be solving challenging problems that will help transform virtual reality from dream into reality. Specifically, we're driving advancements in eye tracking and gaze estimation, which involves work with stereo imaging, 3D geometry and image processing. We're seeking a dedicated engineer to join our team and contribute to the future of eye tracking in VR.
- Design, develop and implement new novel eye tracking and gaze estimation algorithms across all Oculus products
- Contribute to cutting edge research in computer vision that can be applied to future Oculus products
- Devise data-driven techniques to characterize the performance of eye tracking systems
- Utilize multiple sensors and tracking systems to integrate eye tracking into a computer vision framework
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of computer vision, machine learning, computer graphics, robotics or similar
- Graduating with a PhD, or completing a university postdoctoral assignment, by late 2017
- 3+ years of experience developing computer vision algorithms
- 3+ years of experience working in the areas of 3D reconstruction, SLAM, object detection and tracking and/or computer graphics
- 3+ years of experience in C++
- Experience with algorithm evaluation and determination of success criteria
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US in 2017
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. Github)
- Experience coding in C, Python and/or Matlab
- Proven track record of achieving academic results, including papers at conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NIPS, etc.