Oculus is seeking an IT Field Tech to assist in the management of IT operations and application support in Oculus Shanghai office and in the surrounding areas. This position is responsible for maintaining quality IT services and driving change for the business. Our goal is to deliver excellent technical / non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction, and timeliness. This position is part of the IT organisation, so candidates must be passionate about technology, live for amazing customer service and have the ability to thrive in fast paced, high-pressure environment. A diverse and flexible skillset is required because we support a wide set of IT services: AV / VC, Events, Server, Networking, etc. This is a full-time position based in Shanghai.
- Responsible for solving issues, driving enhancements, and improving support for all IT related functions on a day to day basis: operational support, application support, and service delivery
- Responsible for setting up equipment and training for new hires on policies, procedures and methods for obtaining support.
- Provides service, maintenance, repairs and upgrades for all computers and peripherals as well as routine moves, adds and changes
- Drive communication and priority within the business and Oculus headquarters to ensure consistency across the organisation
- Project manage field specific components related to operational goals and application support
- Contact and collaborate with software and hardware vendors to solve technical issues as needed
- Participate with a 3rd party in the developing and maintaining service level agreements and ongoing management of service level compliance and assist in driving the support knowledge base
- Prepare the office for new product / service releases and stay on the forefront of emerging industry practices, ensuring compliance with IT security and general controls
- Collaborate and engage with onsite teams requiring IT support with special projects on hardware/software troubleshooting, setup, and policy adoption.
- Travel to and provide onsite support at various contract manufacturers (image/configure/deploy line stations, break/fix, application support, etc.)
- Previous Active Directory and Exchange administration. Familiarity managing users, devices, distribution lists, and utility mailboxes.
- Enterprise Office/Exchange 365 account administration.
- Previous experience deploying network based images via software such as MDT and Deploy Studio.
- Network+/CCNE level networking knowledge. Must be comfortable troubleshooting and working with network engineers to solve issues in local IDF, WAPs, and user devices.
- Previous experience managing workload through a task/ticket based support queue system.
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting Windows 7-10, OS X, iOS, Android, and some Ubuntu on an enterprise level.
- A+ certified level experience troubleshooting desktops and laptops in a Windows and OS X environment.