Oculus Research is looking for a world-class software systems architect to drive the development of next-generation software systems. The successful candidate is an exceptional C/C++ programmer with breadth and depth across various aspects of systems architecture and development, and they will lead our software effort to develop and enable cutting-edge systems in close collaboration with the team driving parallel innovations in hardware.
- Collaborate closely with computer vision, optics, and hardware architects to invent new sensing and imaging hardware and software technologies and investigate their feasibility via rapid prototyping.
- Drive the software technology roadmap
- Develop and extend systems as needed
- Analyze and own trade-offs within systems software, collaborating with counterparts in other domains to drive decisions on the intersection of hardware and software, including performance, schedule, and cost.
- Provide technical leadership to drive all phases of software systems development, from an initial “what it needs to do” early definition phase, and on through specification, architecture and production.
- Hands-on execution including the development, debugging, and optimization of systems ranging from one-off prototypes to large, complex systems.
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in software development, including low-level system development, operating systems, and development on various platforms.
- A proven track record of innovation in the field of software systems development, including the architecture or a large component of at least one product of significant complexity shipped in high volume.
- Deep expertise in C++ and low-level software implementation, including drivers, firmware, and the fundamentals of processors, memory, and operating systems.
- Strong grounding in 3D math, with expertise in advanced math and/or rendering highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to cross multi-disciplinary boundaries to drive optimal system solutions.
- Prior experience building and/or managing a team a plus