Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative talent with a passion for technology for our research location in Redmond, WA.
- Develop testing and metrology capabilities for diverge range of optical parameters both for imaging and non-imaging systems (e.g. luminance, uniformity, color, MTF, stray light)
- All round responsible for test system development including optical design, system abd component procurement, and ramp-up.
- Specification and coding of measurement algorithms and software for repeatable and reliable measurements
- Collaborate with the larger research team to support optical design and experimentation with analysis of developed technologies and components
- Knowledge of a broad range of optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, geometric optics, statistics, and polarization.
- Knowledge and experience with color science, colorimetry, and visual optics.
- Basic capabilities in optical design tools such as Zemax, FRED, or ASAP
- Strong hands on experience in laboratory work and in setting up of high quality and reliable optical measurement systems
- Well versed on standard tools and methods for measurement system automation at lab level including LabView and Matlab.
- Knowledge on programming with c/c++ would be a plus
- Familiarity with optical metrology tools such as interferometry or image quality testing
- MS or PhD in Optical Sciences or Physics or related field with multiple years’ experience in applied research and/or product development of advanced optics or photonic systems